Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Today

Today was a good day-though it started at7:40 this morning with having a flu shot, 6 vials of blood taken, and a PPD test all out of the same arm. I am surprised I can type . . .no, really, I am not that much of a wimp.

Then it was a full day of meeting new people. I got to spend the afternoon with a nurse practitioner who supervises a health center that serves primarily uninsured and poverty level folks. It was eye opening to hear some of the challenges they have in helping these families. I was able to ask her a ton of questions which helped me understand more about the process for the folks I work with. (I was also told I had rosacia and bad acne and handed a prescription for creams . . oh, and I was told I had to lose weight. I guess she figured I was fair game for intervention as well)

Then I had supervision which I am receiving toward my clinical license. That was good today as she and I are still getting to really know each other and she reviewed my clinical notes today and said they were excellent!! I felt really happy!!!

It was off to dinner with RHB and DP and we had a good time-as usual. Except for the extreme smokiness of the place. My abhorrence for smoking and the like will be explored more in a further posting . . .and just to clarify, I do not dislike those who DO smoke, I just don't like the stink that smokers share with those around them . . .

To be continued . . .

Night night!

No comments: