Thursday, November 08, 2007

Guess what?

I have been yearning for a GPS system since I took my new job--you know the job where I drive all around Philadelphia. I have the one I want picked out and everything, and have even made good arguments as to why I NEED one . . .

  • I am so directionally challenged I could have gotten lost in the womb . . .
  • Well how am I going to know where I am going?
  • What happens if a road is closed and I get lost in the city?
  • Pulling out a map in the hood doesn't make me feel safe . .
  • We're wasting paper by printing out mapquest directions all the time
  • Do I even mention how many times the directions aren't right . . one way streets . . .construction . .traffic . . oh, my head hurts!!
Alas I wonder how the hell people ever traveled without mapquest, yahoo maps, etc. DP says that's why they make maps, and luckily I had one in the car today.

I print out my directions for the multiple homes I will visit in one day, and then I am set. This method assumes that I adhere strictly to the directions printed. However, today I had to make an unscheduled stop and I pondered whether this was a good move since I didn't have printed directions for this. I did it anyway and I pulled out my trusty map and guess what??? I eventually got to where I was going. Imagine that . . .

I am still so directionally illiterate that I would love love love love love a GPS unit, but know that we cannot afford that right now. Oh well, a girl can dream can't she??

No comments: