Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Just so sad

I am so sad today . . .well, ok, not all day. It was a pretty good day until I got home from work to a message saying to call this person immediately. Turns out the little girl that I baby sit-the little 4 year old with down's is in the local children's hospital and they are about 98% sure she has leukemia.

My jaw just dropped and I couldn't believe what I'd heard. I was just with this child on Saturday and she was fine . . .her parents are just devastated I am sure. I talked to mom today and offered whatever little condolences and words I could, but just knowing them I know this is a terrible thing for them.

I will probably go see her in the hospital on Monday, as they said she would be there for about a week. They did a spinal tap today to confirm the diagnosis, as well as determine what kind it is in order to treat. They haven't heard back yet about the results.

I got off the phone and had a much needed cry. Makes me angry, though also reminds me that we have very little control over any of this stuff . . .just like that life get snapped into perspective.

If you are a praying type, please keep this little girl and her family in your prayers.

1 comment:

Jenster said...

I'm so sorry for that family. I will definitely keep them in my prayers. Please let us know how she's doing when you get a chance.