Sunday, November 18, 2007

Catching up

I know I have been less than exciting on this blog the last few days, but things have been good-but busy, too.

Friday night we went out to dinner and then to a concert with RHB and some friends. It was fun to hang out-and we even started up an impromptu game of scrabble while we waited--since we'd gotten there early to get good seats. The concert was ok, but it was even more fun to be with friends. I was reminded again about how I lust over those who can play the guitar, and yearn for the day I, too, can play. Though I never do much about it-I even have a guitar, but I lack the motivation. I think because it seems so impossible that I could actually play anything good. Maybe that will be a new year's resolution.

Then Saturday we had a guy over to give us an estimate on putting glass block windows in our basement. The windows down there now are scary and have a few holey spots in them, and energy wise it makes sense. The I went to an autism support group meeting to promote my program. Then DP and I were both providing childcare to different families, so I went to see her and her charge for a bit, then went to mine.

My two girls are by far the coolest kids ever. The younger one, age 3, has down syndrome and I met them about 2 years ago. This little girl has made so many strides and is just the cutest thing possible. They were excited to see me-it has been about 6 months since I have seen them, and it was just a fun time. Great parents, great kids, and some cash to throw in the pot.

Today I went to church and then ran around preparing for the in-laws to visit this week. We did the Thanksgiving shopping, and ordered the stuffing and mashed potatoes from Whole Foods-hope they are good. I don't think I realized how expensive a Thanksgiving meal can be . . .I will attempt to make sweet potato casserole. I'll keep you posted on how that goes since I am NOT known for my cooking!!

I got my hair cut today, as well. I am one that really could care less about what my hair looks like, I just don't want it to take a lot of time to have to do. So today I trotted off the hair place and got it cut short again. I think it looks cute-but then it always does the day you get it cut . . .

Should be a very busy week, and I hope to be able to enjoy the upcoming visits and such. I hope you are all doing well and finding time to remember what it is that you are thankful for.

No comments: