Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Angry Birds

My therapist thinks that I should be working on getting in touch with my anger . . .I reported that I didn't do anger and she decided that was even MORE reason for me to do anger. Well, in her desire to have me get in touch with my anger, she is angering me. I wish I had the ability to get mad with her, but I am too scared of driving her away . . .I am equally scared of my anger . . .so what do I do . .I decide to leave therapy.

While I know this is not the answer, it has been good to think about just walking away from it . .. but I know i still have a long way to go. I know I need to address these remaining issues, but I would rather not and it's getting hard. She and I have worked together for 8 years and I feel comfortable enough most times when things are going well, but how do you tell you therapist that she's pissing you off and pushing you too hard? I will not leave her, because who else would put up with my crazy self???

In addition to her making me angry, people at work are being just plain stupid. I don't get mad much at work because I generally love what I do. I am now the admission's director at my place and I like getting to meet new families in this place where they need help and they need help NOW. But some of the people I am working with right now are driving me batty, and today my supervisor came down to my office and noted that I was feeling upset, and she knew that was a problem because I never get upset or ask for help really. I am glad she came down and I felt better after we talked, but the stupid people will still be there tomorrow . . .

Here's how I feel after my day . . .




No comments: