Thursday, January 24, 2008

Long week

It has been a long week over here. Not so much like I did a lot, I am just ready for a break. I will take most of the day tomorrow off, as I am working all day Saturday.

Mom is doing much better . . .she is ready to come home, but they aren't sure when that will happen. She will have another surgery tomorrow to put in a port so she can have iv antibiotics for the next 8 weeks. They still haven't identified what the bacterias are that she has, and that will be important to know how to treat her. Looks like her foot is staying put. She does have a big open wound that they created when they cleaned it out and put in the drain, and they said that will eventually heal from the inside out.

I appreciate everyone's prayers and thoughts, and know she does too. I have talked to her and dad everyday this week . . .that's more than I've talked to them all year .. .ok, I know the year just started, but you get the idea.

I have been spending time with my little friend who has leukemia and her family. I watched the older sister yesterday and we had fun with the camera and video feature on my phone. Ever want to entertain a 5 year old for an hour, just give em your cell phone camera!! Today I was at the hospital for a visit with mom.

My older bro and I thought it would be a good idea for Dad to have a cell phone since he is doing a lot of driving. So I went and got him one of those prepaid phones while I was there last weekend--I think it has been entertaining to watch him trying to figure it out. He called me several times wondering why it was beeping at him and stuff. Of course I wasn't there when this was happening to be able to troubleshoot, but I wanted to tell him to go find a teenager and have the show him what to do. My daddy's moving into the 21st century-I am proud!

I am ready for my therapist to be back. She has been gone for two weeks, and it has been about 3 weeks since I have seen her. I think I did fine while she was away, but it's time!

Not much else. I will go to the gym tomorrow and then work some and then try and relax. Hope you all have fun weekends planned!

1 comment:

Tom said...

I'm glad that your mom seems to be doing better... it's got to be really tough for her to be laid up for such a long time.

That's funny about your dad and the phone. I can relate. I want to teach my parents texting because they never hear their cell phone, but not sure it will take.

Praying that everything will go well for your mom.

And thanks so much for your in-depth response to my question on my blog about your bro. Really appreciate it.