Sunday, January 20, 2008

A foot to stand on . . .

I am praying right now that by this time tomorrow my mother still HAS her two feet to stand on. I saw her today at the hospital and things aren't looking as good as I was hoping. The doc just kept saying "I won't know until I get in there . . ."

Surgery is tomorrow at 2pm. If she loses her foot . .either now or even soon, it will mean a whole lot of changes . . .none of which I think any of us are ready for. Not that you are ever ready for that, but still. And yeah, I know, BLAH BLAH BLAH, at least she will still have her life. I get that . . .it doesn't make it any easier. She will use this as an excuse to give up. I know her . . .

I am so weary of family drama, and I just want to run away from it all . . .I want my head to stop spinning . . .I want to stop looking at gory pictures of infections on Google, and I want everything to be ok.

Is this all too much to ask for?

I did have a good dinner with my dad last night and we talked some. It was hard to leave him today, but I needed to come home.

If you pray, please do so. If you send energy, please do so. If you do nothing but send thoughts, please do so. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Jenster said...

Seeing as how I'm the praying kind, I'll do that. AND think good thoughts and all that stuff.

Having any part of your body removed is a hard thing to deal with. Having a part of your body removed that you actually use has got to be even more so.

Keep us posted.